Tuesday, February 22, 2011

6 Months Old!



I feel like I say this every month, but how is this possilbe? Really? Riley was born half a year ago? Wow! I will be planning his first birthday party before we know it.

These past six months have been some of the most incredible months of my life. Riley is everything I dreamed of and so much more. Riley is working really hard to sit up and almost has it mastered. He has started eating Rice cereal and is doing very well. I guess we will try some orange vegetables in the next few days. I imagine there will be a few post worthy pictures from that feeding! He finally rolled over but still only likes to go from back to tummy and not vice-versa. This means I can barely keep him off his stomach when he sleeps...talk about giving Mommy a heart attack. What can you do?

Riley loves his swimming class that he is apart of every Tuesday. He is the splasher of the class...such a boy! He loves going to music class every Wednesday. Throughout the week we sing and dance together and it just warms my heart to see his big smile and hear his little chuckle of enjoyment. So fun!

We will go to the doctor next week for his 6 months checkup and I can't wait to see how much he has grown. If I were to take a guess, I would think he would be rounding out 18 or 19lbs. since he weighted 17lbs, 10oz at 5 months. Will definitely update after our appointment.

So, with half a year of parenthood down I have to say I love it! I love being a mommy and especially being able to stay home with my little guy. He brings a smile to my face everyday and I truly believe I have the best job in the world!

I had to add these pictures. As Riley gets more and more active, he is making it more and more difficult to capture a picture. I love that this month he was interested in the Koala and immediately dove for it. So cute!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it, can't wait to see him, not to leave you and Chris out, next weekend. Love you guys